iOS5 beta, anyone know what this is?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rick98761, Aug 3, 2011.

1. rick98761 macrumors 6502

So I opened my Music app the other day and this is what it looked like. [​IMG] Anyone know what this is supposed to do? I tried tapping the circle icon thing and had no luck.

A little back story: I had deleted all the music off my phone previously, and these were the items that were on my phone before. After syncing all my music back and deleting a few songs as a test, they did not show up like in the screen shot again.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your issue but it's probably just something related to the beta. Are you using iCloud?

P.S. The reason I posted in the first place is because I love The Mars Volta. :D

3. rick98761 thread starter macrumors 6502

I do not have iCloud turned on. While I'm sure you are right, it is just showing up do to being beta, it makes me wonder if it will do something in the future. That graphic had to be included for a reason. I wonder if all your songs will be shown in the music app and greyed out if they are not currently loaded. You will be able to press that button to download them from iCloud. That would be a nice feature.

4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Looks like wireless iTunes sync. Music is greyed out because it hasn't been synced. Circles are progress indicators that in this case are all showing 0%.

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i think it means that while you were syncing your phone wirelessly, the sync was canceled while in progress so there is a list of songs there but you can't play them. it happened to me, but can you play those songs or no?

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Looks like your iPhone was trying to retrieve some of your purchases and/or synced songs from iTunes. Resync and it should fix.

Also, The Mars Volta and Daft Punk? Great Choices. I have all of the albums for both of those bands. :) System of a Down isn't too bad either!

7. cinematicme macrumors member

cinematicme

It's this.