ios5 beta shows hidden calendars in the notification too

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pixelchild, Jul 12, 2011.

1. pixelchild macrumors member

basically if you have hidden calendars or calendars that aren't selected in your iphone (esp if it syncs to icalendars or gmail) any event will show up anyway on the notification screen. not sure if this is the best idea? i hide them for a reason.

2. pixelchild thread starter macrumors member

3. jonrando macrumors 6502a

If you're a developer, you should be reporting this to Apple in the dev center, not broadcasting it on public forums.

4. pixelchild thread starter macrumors member

wow. thanks for the reprimand mate. i wasn't familiar so i apologize.

i saw other posts in this forum regarding issues with ios5 beta 3 and figured this post wouldn't be out of place.

5. jonrando macrumors 6502a

No problem, it's just annoying when people who have access to the beta post bugs in a forum when there's a private developer area where Apple will get the bug report right away.

6. JReinn macrumors member

I'm sorry for not understanding, but why do you have events in a hidden calendar that you don't want to see? That's a real mystery to me, why wouldn't you just delete them or delete that calendar from syncing? :confused:

7. pixelchild thread starter macrumors member

hi. that's a completely legitimate question and i definitely can understand why it would be confusing.

basically i have certain events on my work calendar that i have on my iphone. lots of hourly verifications. these only happen every 4 day or so basically in between those days, i don't want all those events populating my notification calendar (i can't even remove them or turn them off, even if i disable event reminders, etc). i wouldn't have to hide the calendar if they didn't show up on my on my notification but i thought that would have been the most logical method (which doesn't work).

it would be nice if there was an option to have specific calendars in the notifications instead of having them all.

8. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

Actually he should do both, so:

-Apple is made aware

-Everyone here is made aware in case they have private calendars.

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Why does every iOS5 thread have to have an "iOS beta distribution police officer".

10. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

the same reason why iOS 5 threads exist in the first place, people have the "right" to post whatever they want

not everything is life comes with a cherry on top

11. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

No not really people can post whatever they want as long as it is within the forum rules. Posts which serve no purpose and only clog up the forums and are in general a waste of time are against the forum rules.

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Don't useless threads work the same as useless posts?

And who's opinion are we using to determine if it's useless?