iOS5 Beta Testing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bennyali, Jun 13, 2011.

1. bennyali, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

bennyali macrumors newbie

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help me, this is my first post although i read and check the forums everyday.

iOS 5 really caught my eye at the WWDC, i was just wondering if anybody could tell me how i go about beta testing the software on my iPad and iPhone? I have a developers account but its just a free one, if i have a paid one am i then able to test out the software on my devices.

Thanks and any help is greatly appreciated.

Ben

2. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

you need to have one of the paid accounts to use the beta's, or google what you're wanting (i'm not sure what i can and can't say on here without getting infracted).

3. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Steezy is absolutely correct. You require a paid developer account.

4. SRLMJ23 macrumors 65816

SRLMJ23

You need to get the paid iOS Developer Account, then register your devices UDID so it provisions and is ready when you do the iOS 5 restore.

Also, are you on a Mac or Windows Machine? If you are on a Mac, you should have a relatively easy time, just download the iTunes 10.5 beta, iOS 5 Beta and you are good to go.

If you have a Windows machine, well, I suggest you wait until the final release in the fall, everything is such a hastle in Windows, not because of Windows but because most of the stuff is designed specifically for the Mac.

Any questions, PM Me.

5. ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

as a warning though to the OP the beta builds can be very problematic not designed for daily use just as a forewarning it is possible you will have issues.

6. bennyali thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all your replies. I have a degree in computing so im used to testing and buggy software so that part doesnt really bother me. Im using a MacBook Pro so shouldnt be to problematic i hope.

Ill cough up for the paid developer account then and have a go.

Thanks again everyone

7. charliecc, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

charliecc macrumors regular

You don't need to pay for a full developer account. I believe with each developer account you can register up to 100 devices. There are loads of people selling their slots on the web, ranging from about $5 - $15.

I did this last Friday, and within 20 mins I was ready to go, although the restore did take forever. My tip would be to use a site that uses PayPal for extra protection, I'd list the site I used here but people will just think I own it and am trying it on.

Good article here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/06/07/how-to-get-ios-5-now-5-options-under-10/