iOS5 Beta

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GTghost, Aug 26, 2011.

1. GTghost macrumors regular

What is the latest iOS5 beta that can be installed on a nondeveloper account? And if I upgrade to iOS5, is there a way to downgrade back to iOS4?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Technically no beta version is available to non developers.

3. GTghost thread starter macrumors regular

Technically no, but I know there is a way to install it so I want to know what is the latest one that can be installed with no dev account.

4. Scott90 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5302b Safari/7534.48.3)

It was possible with beta 1, but it expired so you really need a dev account now

5. nutmac macrumors 68040

As a developer running the latest iOS 5 beta, my suggestion is to wait. While the build is getting a bit more stable with each release, it is still unstable with many 3rd party app compatibility issues. And the official release is widely rumored to happen sometime in September, which is only weeks away.

6. emettsantucci macrumors member

emettsantucci

Defiantly wait. Im a developer and I've have the most recent beta. It lags sometimes on my iPad 2 and theres not any apps that have been optimized for IOS5 yet. Its just not stable enough now. It also does this stupid thing where music just randomly turns on...

7. shandyman Suspended

non can be installed with no Dev account, you'll have to wait until GM