Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Is anyone else experiencing this? I did a search, but "screeching" is pretty subjective. Basically, since upgrading to IOS5 (I think, it could be the 4S) I've noticed that once in a while, after I dial, there's a horrible screeching sound in my headset. Most of the time it resolves as the line starts to ring, but once in a while it doesn't and I have to hang up and call again.
Is anyone else noticing this? Or is my headset going bad? I've had a number of BT headsets and never had this issue. thanks

XerxesM

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2011
same problem

Ive noticed the same thing with the Bluetooth connection in my car and i have an iphone 4, not 4s. Happens every call and one time when it did not go away it sounded somewhat like when a fax machine is on the other end.

Another problem I have had is with my rocketfish bluetooth headphones. I can get the paired with my phone, but then the music application does not have an output option anymore to switch from the phones speakers to the headphones.

Frustrating

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Ive noticed the same thing with the Bluetooth connection in my car and i have an iphone 4, not 4s. Happens every call and one time when it did not go away it sounded somewhat like when a fax machine is on the other end.

Another problem I have had is with my rocketfish bluetooth headphones. I can get the paired with my phone, but then the music application does not have an output option anymore to switch from the phones speakers to the headphones.

Frustrating
is your 4 on IOS5? This is so frustrating!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.