iOS5 - camera shortcut missing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djr7572, Oct 12, 2011.

1. djr7572 macrumors regular

Just upgraded to iOS5 this morning. Isn't there supposed to be a camera shortcut on the lockscreen? Right next to the unlock slider? For some reason it's not on mine .... ?

Had no hiccups with the upgrade/install .. all went smoothly.

Verizon iPhone4

- Thanks

2. midnightfalcon macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Double click the home button and it should pop up

3. easy-mac macrumors member

Is there any way to make the camera shortcut stay on the lock screen permanently? I've poked around in the settings menu but haven't found anything yet.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

No.

5. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. So, you have to double-click every time for the camera icon to come up? I thought it just "resides" there on the lock screen. I wonder why they just didn't make it a permanent icon. I suppose it saves you several seconds ... as opposed to unlocking the phone and accessing the camera that way. Still seems odd to me as to why it's not just fixed to the lock screen. Maybe I'm missing the point on this ...?

6. NorfolkMustard macrumors regular

you have to click the home button once to bring up the lock screen anyway, twice is no problem and is less likely to lead to accidental activation of the camera.

7. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

My point exactly. Seems kinda lame that you have to double-click to bring it up. I guess it saves a second or two, but if they really wanted to make it easy they should've just made it a permanent icon :rolleyes: Doesn't make sense to me.

8. Sarngate macrumors regular

It's a lot quicker to just double click and hit the camera icon than it is to enter your pass code and then hit the camera icon. The vital few seconds which can mean the difference between getting 'that shot' or not.

9. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Exactly right. If the button just resides there, there is no real reason for a lock screen.

10. djr7572, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

This point I understand. I do see the point of possibly opening the camera by mistake while sliding to unlock.

Thanks for enlightening me ... makes a little more sense now.