Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010

ios5.jpg

A growing thread in our forums reveals many users seeing "Error 3200" while attempting to upgrade to iOS 5.  Speculation points to this just being related to Apple's servers being overloaded, and some users are seeing success after multiple attempts.

At this point, simply waiting and retrying seems to be the best solution.

For other issues or problems, see our iOS 5 discussion forum.

Article Link: Many Seeing "Error 3200" Trying to Upgrade to iOS 5

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
All

I have successfully downloaded the iPhone ios5 update for my ip4. However after backing up my iphone and extracting the software it gives a 3200 error - any thoughts on fixing it?

Thanks

I got the same on my 3GS. I'm trying a second time, maybe it was just a fluke. Anyone know what this is/how to get around it?

gto1988

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
Lakewood, Ohio
I've tried twice in regular mode, and now on my second time in recovery mode, and i've got nothing :(, I'm not sure what the heck to do here, i work at 4 and i NEED my phone.

JacobC123

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
From iTunes, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Devices. Select your iPhone and click "Delete Backup". That did the trick for me.

Edit: Apologies. It seems like the Apple servers are just overloaded. Deleting my backups (thought they were corrupt) was just a fluke. Give it time or just keep hitting update and it'll work.

Last edited:

AppleKash

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
South Texas
So the only trick thus far is to completely get rid of all your info on your iphone/ipad? What if you need all that info ( i.e. backup?)

blurb23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2007
Even if you do delete the backup, won't iTunes make a new one once you try to update?

xAlmostHuman

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
Having the same issue. Tried a few times and still no luck. I don't see how deleting your backup would solve that, so I'm hesitant to try that method.

JP3G

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
Doing JacobC123's way didn't solve the 3200 error for me.

I'm on 4.3.5, not jb. Restarting the computer didn't help either.

dylanursula

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
I am on 4.3.5 and tried Hosts after putting the iPhone into DFU too :(
Would welcome more suggestions as Apple Support had NO IDEA~!!!

wizee

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Pennsylvania
Os 5 install

I have completed the download....on the restore backup it says cannot restore, unknown error 3200. Anyone know what up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.