Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deamos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
I decided it would probably be a good idea to start posting features we are missing based on the Full IOS5 update. Feel free to post here on what you have discovered isn't supported for your hardware.

1st Gen iPad:
---------------------------------
-Not able to purchase ringtones from iTunes store
-No Location aware reminders
-Multitouch Gestures, Including some that were supported in IOS4
-No Siri

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Safari Reader is working for me also.
Is there a way to change the reading page back to a regular page?

On the Mac, you just clicked off of it, I don't see that function here.

And will there be any speech to text functionality on the non 4S devices?

I understand they want Siri for that but basic dictation should work on other devices.

Keep the "best italian restaurant" jazz for the 4S, but let me dictate my text in my car.

twelve56

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
Sunny England
Reader is working for me also. Is morroring working for anyone, or have i missed something? ie isnt available yet?

Edit: im on iPad 2 ios 5 GM by the way.

Fiddler70

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2010
Come on... that's crazy. I use them all the time. Make it a totally different experience. Anyone know if they are going to come back?

Bluemeanie1976

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2009
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
It appears not

That's ridiculous. It works fine on my iPad.

In fact, I'm pretty friggin unhappy about that. Anyone have an email address to write to that actually gets listened to?

In fact, part 2, it says nothing about multitouch being just ipad2 on the ios5 info pages on the apple website. It says "multitouch for iPad", so is it enabled for iPad1 or not?

Last edited:

hchung

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2008
That's ridiculous. It works fine on my iPad.

In fact, I'm pretty friggin unhappy about that. Anyone have an email address to write to that actually gets listened to?

In fact, part 2, it says nothing about multitouch being just ipad2 on the ios5 info pages on the apple website. It says "multitouch for iPad", so is it enabled for iPad1 or not?

Perhaps you meant "multitasking gestures?"

Risco

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
I have an iPhone 4 but there is no Safari Reader in the browser? Is there an option to enable it as should be the same for both iPad and iPhone.

bellaisa

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
installed ios5 on my iphone 4.

safari reader is missing
can't slide to reply/etc notifications on locked screen

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Safari Reader is not a default thing. The website needs to be recognised as an article for the Reader icon to appear.

You won't see it on this forum but if you head over to somewhere like dpreview and look at their camera reviews you will see the Reader icon appear in the address bar.

It's definitely there on both the iPhone and iPad, it's up to the website as to whether you see it or not on their site.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reader is working for me also. Is morroring working for anyone, or have i missed something? ie isnt available yet?

Edit: im on iPad 2 ios 5 GM by the way.

airplay mirroring? have you got an Apple TV 2? is it running the iOS 5 beta for Apple TV 2? if any of them are no, there's your answer....

twelve56

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
Sunny England
airplay mirroring? have you got an Apple TV 2? is it running the iOS 5 beta for Apple TV 2? if any of them are no, there's your answer....

I realised this could be the answer a few hours after posting. I do have an apple tv2, but dont think theres an ios 5 GM for that? Guess il have to wait until next week to test it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.