iOS5 + iPad 1 = awesome safari performance

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cas85, Oct 11, 2011.

1. cas85 macrumors regular

Safari improvements are worth it for the upgrade alone. It loads faster and you don't see the checkerboard anymore. The only negative is the tabbed browsing has reloads when you switch between them sometimes.

Anyone else enjoy the new safari?

2. sers macrumors regular

Good to hear. I've been using Grazing browser the last few months as I found Safari painful to use sometimes. I'll give it another go in iOS 5 as Grazing is not as fast as Safari, but I do love Grazing's features and the way it handles web pages and memory allocations - much better than Safari IMO.

3. RiskyShenanigan macrumors member

I have found Safari painful to use on my iPad 2, I wish the window switching was like Opera Mini, it was annoying that when you open a new page, it would switch to that straight away instead of letting the user choose, however seeing the new iOS 5 update for Safari I am glad the window tabs are like the desktop version plus the increase in better performance.

4. cas85 thread starter macrumors regular

yea i was mostly referring to the performance related to loading and scrolling pages. everything is faster/smoother.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

With tabbed browsing and reader safari has become my browser of choice on my iPad. I just wish that they would re-enable gestures.

6. smotheredhope macrumors regular

If its better than Atomic then I will use it. If not, meh