Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wearethesame

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I love my Iphone4s but it is all waaaaay too complicated. I switched from a Samsung Infuse recently and although there is more you can do with this phone, it takes entirely too much tapping and reading of instructions. There is not an easy to way to stop the music from playing if you can't see the phone because of glare or because it's in your pocket and I'm becoming overwhelmed.

Is there anybody else out there who feels like I do? I am thinking of going back to an android.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I love my Iphone4s but it is all waaaaay too complicated. I switched from a Samsung Infuse recently and although there is more you can do with this phone, it takes entirely too much tapping and reading of instructions. There is not an easy to way to stop the music from playing if you can't see the phone because of glare or because it's in your pocket and I'm becoming overwhelmed.

Is there anybody else out there who feels like I do? I am thinking of going back to an android.

I feel like android was annoyingly and frustratingly complicated to the point of just not wanting to use it. I feel like iOS is extremely user friendly and iOS 5 even more so!

tjb1

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2010
Pennsylvania, USA

Wake phone, double tap home button and pause music. How hard is that?

Bethany Smith

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2011
Press the Home Button to tell Siri to stop the music? Or, if it's in your pocket the head phones have music controls built into the cord.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France

Here, check this out: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1254533/

(I know, I know...self-promotion...I'm really just trying to help though, I swear!)

ant69

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009

really? i think the iPhone as a really nice simple interface.

Anthony

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
First time I've ever seen a post about how iOS is more complicated than Android.

AustinSTI

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007

It's so complicated that:

my 3 year old and 20 month old can use an iPhone or iPad with ease and with no instructions
my 60 year old mom can use an iPhone with no tech support or instruction from me when every phone previous she would ask me a gazillion questions.

Yeah it's real complicated.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Here's one of many...

Android - Removing Applications

1. On your Android device, open the Market app and select My apps from the Market home screen. (On some devices, press Menu and then touch My apps)
2. Select the item you'd like to uninstall.
3. On the application home screen, select the "Uninstall" button.

iPhone - Removing Applications

1. Hold app down until it jiggles and hit the 'X'.
2. ??????
3. Profit.

Last edited:

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Is everyone's first instinct to attack instead of help? It doesn't seem totally trollish and maybe this person is having trouble with change.... it happens.

Hard to tell the needy from the fud after a hardware launch or significant iOS update. MR is flooded with one post wonders after these occasions with people who are only here to spread dissemination.

The OPs post is in bad form. Day one sign up with thread one complaint. The context of the post sounds silly.

Usually people who are sincere in getting help start with something a little like "Hi, I'm new here and I need some help with a couple of things...yada yada yada."

Sorry but the OP has all the earmarks of a android spammer.:D

Last edited:

Hutch1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
Guelph, ON
I know many people who have switched to Apple products and just because of their exposure to other operating systems seem to make things more difficult because they expect it to be more difficult. They need to let go of their past experiences.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Hard to tell the needy from the fud after a hardware launch or significant iOS update. MR is flooded with one post wonders after these occasions with people who are only here to spread dissemination.

The OPs post is in bad form. Day one sign up with thread one complaint. The context of the post sounds silly.

Usually people who are sincere in getting help start with something a little like "Hi, I'm new here and I need some help with a couple of things...yada yada yada."

Sorry but the OP has all the earmarks of a android spammer.:D

you were new at some point too. iPhone is not for everyone. One size does not fit all. Everything takes time to get used to. MR is also flooded with douches who don't care about peoples feelings and think they are far superior because they used apple products before you. Sometimes I feel like they far outnumber any other category of poster here.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Here's one of many...
Android - Removing Applications

How about, remove app that came from maker (e.g. Stocks) from homescreen:

Android:

1. Hold finger on icon until a delete area appears.
2. Drag icon to delete area.

iOS:

Apple doesn't allow it. Best we can do is hide unwanted Apple apps in a junk folder on a homescreen page.

--

Or, if we want to change a setting in the browser:

Android:

1. Click menu button and choose Settings.
2. Change desired setting.
3. Hit back or menu to close and continue browsing.

iOS:

1. Exit browser by clicking Home button.
2. Swipe until we find Settings icon and click.
3. Scroll to Safari settings section and choose it.
4. Change desired setting.
5. Exit settings by clicking Home button.
6. Find Safari and relaunch. (or double-click Home and swipe to find Safari.)

--

Every UI has its quirks.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.