Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
Has anyone tried tetherme yet?

Doesn't work. It installs fine, but causes the Messages icon to turn white, and is stuck trying to initialize the personal hotspot. Also, the TetherMe settings don't appear in the settings menu.

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
I thought both the Beta and the Jailbreak were for DEVS only?

It is. We're all devs. :cool:

Doesn't work. It installs fine, but causes the Messages icon to turn white, and is stuck trying to initialize the personal hotspot. Also, the TetherMe settings don't appear in the settings menu.

Thanks. That might force me to go back to 4.3.3.

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
is your rotation lock on..?

No. The screen appears to be in landscape with the status bar and some of the video controls in landscape. But the video plays in portrait. Only live games though. Replays go landscape. So does a live game lookin. But not just plain watching a live game.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Fakeclockup works but no option to change the speed in the settings for me, i usually have it set slightly slower than default

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
Fakeclockup works but no option to change the speed in the settings for me, i usually have it set slightly slower than default

i have noticed that there are no settings for any JB apps i have installed. i guess as of now everything is used in default.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Sad to see no news of Lockinfo.

I'm going to give it a go. Standby... :D

Edit: Negative on the Lockinfo. Crashes the springboard every time.

Last edited:

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010

Is TetherMe even necessary on the beta? On my phone the hotspot works stock, when usually I need TetherMe.

smeg36

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
TetherMe is working on the beta.

Wow, thanks for posting that. As I said the first time I tried it, it didn't work. So I was stuck using Pdanet over USB. I just installed it again after reading your post, and it's working perfectly. Now I can tether my iPad, and use wifi instead of USB on my Mac. Thanks!

Edit-I spoke too soon. It worked the first time I tried with no problem. Since then it's been really spotty. Sometimes the hotspot will show up no problem. Sometimes I'll toggle it over and over before it shows up. Sometimes it shows up, but won't connect. Seems to have problems with wifi. It works perfect over USB though, and it still easier than Pdanet for USB tethering.

Last edited:

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
Hey everyone. When I go into Cydia, all the tabs say "Reload" instead on "Install". Does anyone know why this is? Has Cydia changed the way apps are installed?

I would really love to SSH into my phone but can't at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Hey everyone. When I go into Cydia, all the tabs say "Reload" instead on "Install". Does anyone know why this is? Has Cydia changed the way apps are installed?

I would really love to SSH into my phone but can't at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

This is becuase your in account under purchased.
Try searching for the app instead.

mokeiko

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
This is becuase your in account under purchased.
Try searching for the app instead.

I used to just go into Cydia, hit the "Featured" or "Cydia Store", hit the app I want to install and the "install" button would appear. I did the search as you suggested and it worked out like a charm.

Thank you for your help, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
I used to just go into Cydia, hit the "Featured" or "Cydia Store", hit the app I want to install and the "install" button would appear. I did the search as you suggested and it worked out like a charm.

Thank you for your help, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

No problem!
It took me quite a while to figure out q_q

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.