IOS5 lock screen camera - pictures are not saved?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lojt, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Lojt macrumors newbie

I have IOS5 beta, but the pictures taken with the lock screen shortcut are not saved to my camera roll - i've tried searching but didn't find anything, is this a know bug?
    Didn't notice this for some time, so any way to retrieve pics taken with this?

2. ncfuser macrumors regular

3. Gdgtguru macrumors member

I had the same issue. Once I upgraded to the GM, they showed up somehow.

4. nischalmaniar macrumors newbie

What is a GM ? How do I upgrade to it. I had the same issue

5. Justim macrumors 6502

GM stands for Grand Master or final beta build. If you don't know how to upgrade to it, you probably shouldn't be messing around with beta versions.

It's not a "known bug" that I'm aware of. But then again, I hardly ever read the release notes. :-D

Normally backing up your phone and doing a DFU restore will solve any software problems. I had major battery drainage on few beta builds, but the DFU restore cured it!

6. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Ever since the I upgraded to the real version 5 when it was released the 12th, all the photos I have taken with the lock screen camera are simply not saved to the camera roll. However, when looking at the latest picture taken in the left corner when opening the "regular" camera app, the latest picture taken from the lock screen is shown, it just is not possible to view on the camera roll anywhere.

I use a 3GS and am quite perplexed by this issue... :confused:

7. blastair macrumors regular

blastair

@Jiddick ExRex

You described the EXACT same problem as I am having.

8. blastair macrumors regular

blastair

I fixed the problem by force quitting (is that what it's called?) the camera app. Seems like I should have thought of it earlier. Oh well, at least it's working.

9. sgtlmj macrumors member

I have IOS 5.0 GM (Gold Master), and it has been working fine until today. Took some pics from lock screen and it didn't save them. :(

10. jerryfauls macrumors newbie

Similar Issue

I am also having a similar issue with iOS 5.0. When I take photos from the lock screen and then try to view photos by opening the camera app, they do not appear.

However, when I open the Photos app, I can see all these photos. So the photos seem to exist on my phone, but they are not showing within the camera app.

Anyone resolve this issue?

11. westtexan, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011

westtexan macrumors newbie

Same here with an iPhone 4S that never had a beta installed. I was afraid the pictures were lost, but they appear in the Photos app, just not the Camera app. It would be good to have this acknowledged by Apple.