iOS5 music mutiple artists even though same

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hays130, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Hays130 macrumors newbie

Problem, in my music app with artists- say for example: Angels & Airwaves, there's also a second: Angels And Airwaves.. the issue is in my iTunes library they are spelled correctly and under one Artists spelling, the same for showing up on my iPhone when it's synced. Before I updated my 4 to the iOS5 i would just right click on the song, get info and change, etc etc. the problem is if it's spelled correctly on my iTunes how can i fix the song on my phone? I'm extremely OCD and this is ANNOYING!! :eek:

2. JeffMonty macrumors member

I'm pretty sure you would have to change it on your computer.
    Are the 'Artist' and 'Album Artist' set up exactly the same in iTunes?

3. Hays130 thread starter macrumors newbie

They are, the exact same- which is why I'm incredibly confused and irritated. I've tried everything I can think of.

4. JeffMonty macrumors member

I would, in iTunes, select all Angels and Airwaves songs and hit Cmd+I. Then in the Album Artist field type in 'Angels and Airwaves' or 'Angels & Airwaves' and hit enter. Then resync. Check your device after syncing and see if that helps.

5. Hays130 thread starter macrumors newbie

WORKED!! thank-you SO much, you have no idea how much this excites me after 24 hours of trying to fix this after updating. Again thank-you much!