Ios5 Music ?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by saltire69, Sep 10, 2011.

1. saltire69 macrumors newbie

Hi folks .
    I purchased an iphone 4 s/hand and it has ios5 loaded on it now since i uploaded beta7 my songs will not play well the ones which i transfered from i tunes the ones which i purchased from i tunes store will play .
    Now after looking on the net i came across this
    * After updating to iOS 5 beta 7, your music may fail to play. If this happens, turn off iTunes Match in Settings > Music, and turn it back on.

Now i dont have i tunes Match on my phone !!!
    Please excuse my ignorance as this is the first smart phone i have owned .
    Also my phone wont sync now as it comes up saying i need 10.5 and that what i have on my pc just wondered if my version 10.5 of i tunes has been superseeded and thats why the phone wont sync .

2. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

1.) You probably don't have an iPhone 4s, as Apple has not yet announced any successor to the iPhone 4. If you do have such a device, Apple is looking for it and I would suggest you call them and hand it over before they tackle you for possession of stolen property.

2.) If you're not a registered developer with Apple, you shouldn't have access to iOS 5 beta, as it has not yet been released. I suggest plugging it in to a computer, going to iTunes, and restoring the device to factory settings. That will hopefully bring it back to iOS 4, which everyone is allowed to have installed on their iPhone. If it doesn't restore the iPhone to iOS 4, then... well... look around for help... you might have a lot of frustration ahead of you in trying to get rid of the beta software.

3.) If you're not a registered developer with Apple, you shouldn't have access to iTunes 10.5 beta, as it has also not yet been released. I suggest uninstalling it, and downloading and installing iTunes 10.4 from Apple's website, which everyone is allowed to have on their computers.

4.) Even if you are a registered developer with Apple, I still suggest you remove iOS 5 beta from your iPhone and iTunes 10.5 beta from your computer. I learned the painful way that betas should not be installed on your personal devices. They are likely to have bugs in them which could cause serious issues with using the devices (IE, I used iOS 4 beta on my iPhone. It ended up deleting my entire camera roll, which had 1000+ pictures from the previous 2 years.) Beta software should be installed on dedicated machines whose sole purpose is for testing your software. This means the people using it should be those developers with largish budgets (large enough to have extra machines to be dedicated testing machines,) who are working with the absolute newest technologies, IE, the new features of iOS 5 (which should not be discussed outside of Apple's developers forums, as they are covered by the NDC and are classified. Apple may revoke your developer privileges if you violate the rules and tell people about the features of iOS 5.)

5.) This is the programming forums. Your questions belong more in some kind of technical help forums.

3. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

I don't think the OP's claiming to have an iPhone 4s, but claiming to have bought an iPhone 4 secondhand.

Once a device if upgraded to iOS 5 beta, it can't be downgraded to iOS 4, easily. This is because part of upgrading to iOS 5, the firmware is upgraded, and it won't downgrade. I understand using a jailbrake-like procedure, you can force a downgrade, but I don't know the details.

4. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

That sounds correct. I uninstalled the iOS 4 beta from my iPhone after it erased my entire camera roll. All I remember is it involved hours of frustrating attempts before I succeeded... and that doing so involved using tools generally used for jail breaking iPhones.

And my apologies regarding s/hand. I wasn't familiar with that abbreviation.