iOS5 Notifications

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Can current iOS5 users describe, in detail, the improvements in notifications.

Thanks

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
seriously? LOL!

Sorry I have read all the pages but am looking for the audio notification improvements. Are the audio notifications the same as iP4, have they made them most customizable?

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
seriously? LOL!

Sorry I have read all the pages but am looking for the audio notification improvements. Are the audio notifications the same as iP4, have they made them most customizable?
as in SMS and email? you can have any ringtone as an email or SMS tone, it uses the same library as the custom ringtones. SMS can be customised in general and per contact. Email is just in general, not per contact, at least in the current beta.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Better than iOS 4.
as in SMS and email? you can have any ringtone as an email or SMS tone, it uses the same library as the custom ringtones. SMS can be customised in general and per contact. Email is just in general, not per contact, at least in the current beta.
Then it IS improved, I thank both of you for your replies.

I love my iPhone 4 and look forward to the 5 with these improvements.

boss.king

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Funny how much bigger notification center is on the iPad 2 in that pic than it really is in real like. On b4, it takes up the middle row 3 icons; not half of the first through half of the 4th row.
Is it not different in portrait and landscape?

HeezyBear

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
I also believe you'll be able to purchase additional alert tones for things like text and email.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I also believe you'll be able to purchase additional alert tones for things like text and email.
you don't have to. as i said you can use custom ones. basically iOS5 uses the custom ringtones as tones for SMS and Email, all 3 use the same custom library.

if you don't want to use custom ones (why wouldn't you when you can get practically ANYTHING from http://audiko.net) when you click on buy more tones, it takes you to the existing ringtones section of iTunes Store as they are all one and the same now.

HeezyBear

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
I wasn't saying you had to. I was simply stating that there's an option to do so, which wasn't available in iOS 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.