iOS5 on iPad 1: What will be left out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by legaleye3000, Oct 6, 2011.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

What's being left out from iOS 5 on the iPad 1? Thanks.

2. androiphone macrumors 65816

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

5. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I was definitely wondering if the multitasking gestures will be included for the iPad 1. I'm currently jailbroken running 4.3.3 and I was going to stay jailbroken until the iOS 5 untethered jailbreak was available specifically for this feature. However, it does seem that this feature will be included for the iPad 1. I'm really happy about that, and now I don't really have any other reason to stay jailbroken on my iPad 1.

6. dooyou macrumors regular

The new gestures aren't included in iOS 5 for the iPad 1. They are only available for the second gen.

7. PR. macrumors member

PR.

Is there going to be an update to Xcode to allow iPad 1 users to enable developer gestures like we've been doing since 4.3?

Really want my gestures back on the iPad 1

8. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

same here, i cant live without the gestures, i save time and the use of the physical button.

i plan to wait for an untethered jailbreak, im on 4.3.3 with the multi touch gestures. im sure redsn0w will have the option to open up the gestures when jailbreaking fir os5

9. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

Damn. Well then, never mind. I guess Oct. 12th is not upgrade day for 1st gen users who want the gestures back. Apple really needs ot be both notified and respond to this because in their adverts on their site it says nothing about it not being available for iPad 1. That's severely misleading.

I'm hoping the Dev Team surprises us all with an untethered jailbreak on uograde day. I wouldn't think they would though, because Apple's servers are already going to jammed as it is. We'll see...