iOS5 Previously Purchased App Glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trojanwr21, Jun 9, 2011.

1. trojanwr21 macrumors newbie

So I was testing out the iOS5 features and came upon this glitch that maybe some of you can try to confirm.

I had jailbroken my iphone 3GS a couple years ago. That was the last time I jailbroken my phone but I did download some apps to try out without purchasing them to say the least.

I have an iphone 4 now and I got a chance to play with the new iOS5. I was looking at the "Previously Purchased" feature within the app store and it lists all of the apps that I had legally purchased as well as those that I didn't. So I tried installing one of the apps that I know I didn't purchase and it installed without any errors. It also worked fine as if I had purchased it. I thought this is odd and maybe something of a loophole through iCloud. You can also reinstall banned apps through this process as well (as I have a couple). I also know that I didn't purchase these apps because they don't transfer when wired to the computer through itunes.

Can anyone else confirm this? not sure if this is something that Apple knows about and will be corrected in the final version or if this is something that they should be notified about.

2. dspalton macrumors 6502a

very interesting, and very honest of you to say

3. daleycss macrumors regular

The part about the banned apps being able to download should not be thought of as a glitch. That is a genuine amazing feature (I have VLC back):D