ios5 question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 13irregular, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 13irregular macrumors newbie

I have the beta installed since it was released and it runs great. as of this morning my phone was acting a bit strange so i did a hard reset on it. when the phone booted back up it lost all my saved passwords for everything. wi-fi, emails, ebay, game sign-ins, etc.

has anyone else had this happened?

it is easy enough for me to retype the passwords but curious if this was a one time bug or this will continue to happen if i reset again?

2. 13irregular thread starter macrumors newbie

and now it seems my imessage is not working anymore. when i send to someone with iso5 it is defaulting it as a text message and when i click the name and start a new conversation a "!" comes up next to there name and will not use imessage. any advice?

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

4. iFiend macrumors 65816

Say it with me...

You installed a B E T A operating system, and the very first one at that. If you can't handle the possibility of losing passwords, lag, and all the other things that people are complaining about then go back to 4.3.3

/rant

5. 13irregular thread starter macrumors newbie

not complaining at all - am very happy with it.

all i was asking if there was anyone else that encountered this problem that was all.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

granted it was not a "complaint" but what will knowing if it has happened to someone else do to help, you can report the "bug" to apple regardless who else its happened to, this forum has been taking over by threads of people stating bugs to us, we dont have the fix only apple will fix these 'bugs"

7. 13irregular thread starter macrumors newbie

i will report it

the only reason it was asked was because if i was singled out with this issue i would go ahead and restore the software.

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Search the forum, several people are reporting bugs with Messages/iMessage and their is an entire active thread dedicated to just iOS 5 Bugs with already 9 pages and over 200 posts.

iOS5 bugs list
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1165471

I agree with iisforiphone that their are too many post with people asking beta questions, and it is rather annoying but if people are going to insist on asking these questions, then at least try and keep it centralized.

9. iFiend macrumors 65816

Hence my rant.

And sorry if I was harsh OP, I am just so sick of the fact that the forum has become an iOS 5 helpdesk over the last 2 weeks. Let's hope and pray that Apple releases a slightly more stable beta soon. Not because I want it but so that these turkeys will stop complaining :)