iOS5 Safari crashing....

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mantic, Jan 2, 2012.

1. mantic macrumors 6502a

Safari has begun crashing a lot for me. It seems to happen the most when im typing or making a thread. Its become very predictable and annoying. Has anyone had this issuer or know a fix?

2. MajorTCS macrumors regular

Safari crashes on original iPad

I contacted Apple support today because of the CONSTANT crashing of Safari and iTunes. I have tried all the anecdotal remedies. The tech had me do a complete erase. Guess what? No crashes after erasing. The tech suggested that "old" applications could be the problem. I reminded her that Applications crashing is not the problem. I suggested that APPLE fix this problem with an IOS update. She did not respond. It was interesting, to note, that I was not charged for my service call because Apple recognizes this as related to IOS 5. I recommend everyone with the problem call the APPLE tech support hotline and report the issue.

3. mantic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interesting. However, my iPad is new, so I don't see how and "old application" could be causing this. I'm with you, it sounds like a bit of a cop-out. I guess if the erase fixed the issue for you i'll give it a try. Today, it caused me to lose a lot of work.