iOS5 Texting Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CarboysDesire, Jan 8, 2012.

1. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

1) Blue texts are between two iOS5 users, correct? And green are from non-iOS5 users and those without iPhones, correct? OK, well one of my friend's texts are sometimes blue, and sometimes green. What's up with that? She does not have two devices--I already asked.

2) How do you send group texts in iOS5 to people that have iOS5 and to those that don't. Only the iOS5 users are getting them. This is important because the group texts are to notify members of a group that I actively participate in of upcoming meetings and events. There are to many to send two separate group texts...I can't remember who has what all the time.

Can anyone help?

Thanks! :)

2. Nick16 macrumors regular

When there isn't a strong enough signal (I believe EDGE or more), it resorts to text messages. Also if there's no data connection, it'll send as a text message. It's not that rare for it to be inconsistent sometimes.

3. CarboysDesire thread starter macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Awww, thanks! That makes sense!

How about #2...anyone, anyone? :confused:

4. JeffreyDJ macrumors regular

When I group text it always goes SMS when it's mixed IOS5 and non-IOS5 users ... My groups of friends groups texts quiet a bit, and many of them have android.

5. CarboysDesire thread starter macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire