Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LuthersBoots

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Lake District, Cumbria UK
Morning all. I've been playing around with IOS5 for a little bit now and am overall impressed. Theres a lot more ability to do things a lot easier.

One thing that i like is the notification centre. It's handy to be able to get alerts on the homescreen and whilst in apps most of the time.

however

I am soon to get an ipad for both business and personal.

I would love to have the opportunity to toggle off all notifications while using the item for business. I.e Avoiding the situation whereby I am showing a client a document or an image e.t.c and a personal email comes up on the top of the screen e.t.c

It doesnt seem to allow you to turn them all off...just the individual apps.

Thoughts?

LB

mroddjob

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
I think saving107 is wrong, to me it looks like you have to switch it off for each app separately. You could just switch it to airplane mode or turn off the wifi if its a wifi only ipad.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
OP, I agree that there should be a ON/OFF switch for notifications, and for all we know it may show up later in the betas.
However, you CAN disable ALL notifications, including calendar and mail. You just have to got to each app in Notifications and turn Banners, Notification Center etc.. Works for me.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Yeah there's no way turn them all off right now. Maybe in future betas.

I do like that I can move the different widgets around. For example, I put the Weather widget above my UI Control widget.

LuthersBoots

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Lake District, Cumbria UK
It's not a major concern and my 'standards' are overall very satisfied by ios5. Just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there to see if anyone else shared my view.
Heres to beta 2 and what it has in store for us!:)

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
It's not a major concern and my 'standards' are overall very satisfied by ios5. Just thought I'd throw the suggestion out there to see if anyone else shared my view.
Heres to beta 2 and what it has in store for us!:)

i get it but these iOS 5 threads are geting old, if they were devs talking about bugs making app development issues, and asking other devs if they shared that view is one thing but for everyday users to fill the forum with thread after thread of minor issues is getting

iOS 5 is months away from release for a reason

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Morning all. I've been playing around with IOS5 for a little bit now and am overall impressed. Theres a lot more ability to do things a lot easier.

One thing that i like is the notification centre. It's handy to be able to get alerts on the homescreen and whilst in apps most of the time.

however

I am soon to get an ipad for both business and personal.

I would love to have the opportunity to toggle off all notifications while using the item for business. I.e Avoiding the situation whereby I am showing a client a document or an image e.t.c and a personal email comes up on the top of the screen e.t.c

It doesnt seem to allow you to turn them all off...just the individual apps.

Thoughts?

LB

It's a beta.

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
i get it but these iOS 5 threads are geting old, if they were devs talking about bugs making app development issues, and asking other devs if they shared that view is one thing but for everyday users to fill the forum with thread after thread of minor issues is getting

iOS 5 is months away from release for a reason

Here's a suggestion...most of these threads have "iOS5" in the title...

DON'T CLICK ON THEM! :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.