ios5 ?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by agentmikeyd, Sep 15, 2011.

1. agentmikeyd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.1.15738/25.858; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I JB my iphone 4 with jailbreakme.com. I have it hacked just to my liking and backed up with pkgbackup

When ios5 is released and a new untethered JB is available, will i be able to reload all my apps and hacks with pkgbackup to get bqck to my liking?

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Not sure anyone can really tell you that. Its most likely going to depend on what jb apps you have and wether they are compatible with iOS5 or not. I just hope its not long before an untethered jb is available. I'm sure I will update, but will miss my jailbreak when I do.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

I usually wait a good month or so before I think about jailbreaking after a new firmware/jailbreak most of the good jailbreak devs have updated by then. Of course 5.0 could be different and take longer or shorter. I'm sure there will be a thread listing the compatible jailbreak apps and tweeks here and else where.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the jb apps you have don't get updated to work with 5.0 then when you install them they either won't work or they will send your phone to recovery mode.
    You will have to wait till they're updated, stay on old firmware or go to stock 5.0

5. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Didn't Apple change some certificates in iOS 5 that make an untethered JB way less likely?