Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
(Sorry if this has already been mentioned before... I haven't seen it anywhere)

Do you think that in iOS6 we'll be able to choose the two widgets that display on the notification centre? Because I, along with a huge number of iOS users, don't have anything to do with stocks, and the weather app is not accurate for my location. I think we should be able to choose those two widgets from a preset list that Apple has made (much like the dashboard on OSX), as well as being able to download widgets from the app store. Personally I'd have a currency converter and a simple calendar that just shows the day and the month (eg: 21st of May).

What would you put there if you had the choice?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Hopefully yes. That's what the majority of iOS users want from iOS 6. Customisation features. I'd want to keep the Weather widget, have the ability to hide the Stock widget and have a few new ones. A brightness, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth widgets would be great to have. Oh. And the ability to clear at Notifications by hitting one 'Clear All' button. Not going through each one having to press the 'clear' button.

BadboyHouse

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2011
I'd love to see some customisation features for the notifications centre.

I would definitely keep the Stocks widget though - I find it really useful for quickly checking up on my portfolio.

ericg301

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2010
(Sorry if this has already been mentioned before... I haven't seen it anywhere)

Do you think that in iOS6 we'll be able to choose the two widgets that display on the notification centre? Because I, along with a huge number of iOS users, don't have anything to do with stocks, and the weather app is not accurate for my location. I think we should be able to choose those two widgets from a preset list that Apple has made (much like the dashboard on OSX), as well as being able to download widgets from the app store. Personally I'd have a currency converter and a simple calendar that just shows the day and the month (eg: 21st of May).

What would you put there if you had the choice?

You know you can turn those off, right?

Damme

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2011
Denmark
Go to Settings > Notifications and in there you can choose for instance Stocks and slide the on/off :)

Donka

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2011
Scotland
Hopefully yes. That's what the majority of iOS users want from iOS 6. Customisation features. I'd want to keep the Weather widget, have the ability to hide the Stock widget and have a few new ones. A brightness, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth widgets would be great to have. Oh. And the ability to clear at Notifications by hitting one 'Clear All' button. Not going through each one having to press the 'clear' button.

This. I have stock disabled which means I only have a single widget working for me. This seems a real waste...

gjrevans

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Waterloo On.
Would be awesome!

I'm excited to see what Apple choses to do in this space. I know that windows mobile phones as well as their XBOX counter part is ramping up the idea of "widgets". I am actually working on one for the XBOX right now! Seems like a waste, but its for a school project at my University.

Personally, I'd love a language translation widget on my iPhone. Would be supper sweet if google translate was able to get a widget in there!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.