iOS6: Choose the widgets in the notification centre

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by mrsir2009, May 20, 2012.

1. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

(Sorry if this has already been mentioned before... I haven't seen it anywhere)

Do you think that in iOS6 we'll be able to choose the two widgets that display on the notification centre? Because I, along with a huge number of iOS users, don't have anything to do with stocks, and the weather app is not accurate for my location. I think we should be able to choose those two widgets from a preset list that Apple has made (much like the dashboard on OSX), as well as being able to download widgets from the app store. Personally I'd have a currency converter and a simple calendar that just shows the day and the month (eg: 21st of May).

What would you put there if you had the choice?

2. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Hopefully yes. That's what the majority of iOS users want from iOS 6. Customisation features. I'd want to keep the Weather widget, have the ability to hide the Stock widget and have a few new ones. A brightness, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth widgets would be great to have. Oh. And the ability to clear at Notifications by hitting one 'Clear All' button. Not going through each one having to press the 'clear' button.

3. BadboyHouse macrumors 6502

I'd love to see some customisation features for the notifications centre.

I would definitely keep the Stocks widget though - I find it really useful for quickly checking up on my portfolio.

4. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

You know you can turn those off, right?

5. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Really, how? :eek:

6. Damme macrumors newbie

Go to Settings > Notifications and in there you can choose for instance Stocks and slide the on/off :)

7. mrsir2009 thread starter macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Cool, thanks!

8. Donka macrumors 68020

This. I have stock disabled which means I only have a single widget working for me. This seems a real waste...

9. gjrevans macrumors member

gjrevans

Would be awesome!

I'm excited to see what Apple choses to do in this space. I know that windows mobile phones as well as their XBOX counter part is ramping up the idea of "widgets". I am actually working on one for the XBOX right now! Seems like a waste, but its for a school project at my University.

Personally, I'd love a language translation widget on my iPhone. Would be supper sweet if google translate was able to get a widget in there!