iOS6 Discrepancies...

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iRooney, Sep 12, 2012.

1. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

A few things I've noticed...

1) I was under the impression that free apps would not require a password to be entered to download. Every free app I have downloaded has prompted for iTunes password. Is there a setting I am missing?

2) I thought Facebook would have single-signon. I added the Facebook login information to the OS, and when I downloaded the Facebook app I still had to put my login information in. Twitter never required that.

3) iPhone 4 users get shafted out of Panorama mode apparently. Boo to Apple on that one.

2. FPSDavid macrumors regular

FPSDavid

1) Pretty sure this is only to do updates.

2) Can't answer, already had FB on my phone when I updated (well, restored) to iOS 6.

3) Guess so!

3. Soundflunky macrumors regular

Facebook will need to release an updated app. The exact same situation occured when Twitter was integrated.

4. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

Ah. Makes sense. Guess we're jumping the gun a bit expecting it to be immediate....but on the other hand having that much of an integration with Apple you'd think they would have been forced to integrate it during the first beta stages.

Damn you Zuckerberg.

5. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

Nah, it's an Apple thing. Devs aren't allowed to release apps built on the iOS 6 SDK until Apple says it's okay to--which happens to be when they released the GM.

6. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

But I want to blame Zuckerberg. CNN gets to blame him for their stock performing so terribly, so why not me?

Overall though, I'm pleased with iOS6. There's a few things they changed I wish they hadn't...and a few things I wish existed on the iPhone 4. December can't come soon enough.

7. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

I got asked for my password once and then not again. This is the way it was pre-iOS 6. I think after a while it will ask for your password again.

Panarama mode will work with the updated optics on the 4S/5 hence why the 4 has not got it.

8. iRooney thread starter macrumors 6502

iRooney

I've discovered it only asks for passwords for new apps. I installed fresh and it only prompted for password on apps I had never downloaded before. I waited like 2 hours and downloaded an app I had already purchased and no prompt.