iOS6 - improved error notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MDTyKe, Sep 9, 2012.

1. MDTyKe macrumors regular

Can anyone tell me if they've improved iOS 6 'error' notifications? I've seen a few apps as of late put error notifications in 'bars' at the top.

I live in the nations largest city (NYC) and a fact of NY life is going underground multiple times per day (with no cellphone coverage). All it takes is one tap on Mail, and you're dealt with about 20 error notifications: - cannot connect, error connecting, cannot connect.. for each mail account. It gets a little bothersome to have to click on so many "Dismiss" buttons.

The iOS designers really need to live in NYC for a few months and they'll understand these frustrations.

(I'll note, in Mountain Lion there's also the same issue.. when using public Wifi where you're re-directed to log in, Calendar goes insane with popups to verify certificates. I have about 15 different calendars, so 15 different popups just for opening my laptop at Starbucks..)

Any ideas?

2. MDTyKe thread starter macrumors regular

Shall I take the lack of response to assume I shall expect the same, continuous popup heaven?

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Yep. It hasn't changed.

4. MDTyKe thread starter macrumors regular

*sigh*

Really? I just don't get how Apple can be so outright stubborn to not improve things like this. The developers need to live in NYC for a month and they'll notice so many outright idiotic things like this that need improved. It makes offline Email an absolute PITA to use.