iPhone IOS6 Jailbreak to a version of IOS7 that has Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dahauss, Jun 19, 2014.

1. dahauss macrumors regular

Im on IOS 6.1.0 on an iPhone 4S. Since I have been OK with my Jailbreak I decided to stay this way. However, Now, I need to run an app that only works on IOS 7. Is there any way to upload to the last jailbreak version of IOS7?

Thanks ....

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

In short, no.

Latest IOS7 update you can go to is 7.1.1. No jailbreak for that. If you want to keep your jailbreak for now, stay with what you have.

BL.

3. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

So if somsone had the blobs from the last IOS7 that could be jailbroken, and I can get them? I cannot install? The only thing keeping me on IOS6 jailbroken is BITESMS, MYWI and Pandora Skip. I hate to lose those..

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No, mainly because Apple is no longer signing the last version of iOS that could be jailbroken (that being 7.0.6). They are only signing 7.1.1, and that has no jailbreak at this time, so you could only upgrade to 7.1.1.

BL.

5. dahauss thread starter macrumors regular

Ok .. So I am stuck at IOS6 jailbroken until IOS8 and the new iphone come out... UGGGG

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Blobs are ancient history. They were broken in iOS 6 and Apple no longer uses them for authentication in iOS 7.

Just like software unlocks, SHSH blobs are dead for iOS 6 and above.