iOS6 recent updates just for iPhones?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lloyd2earth, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lloyd2earth macrumors newbie

lloyd2earth

lloyd2earth
    macrumors newbie

I just have ipad3 and no iPhone... Since installing iOS6, I haven't seen any need to install the .0.1 or .0.2 updates... They appear to be mainly, if not solely, for the benefit of iPhone... Or...am I missing something?

2. xTorch macrumors newbie

Not sure about 6.0.1, but 6.0.2 is only for the iPhone 5 and the iPad Mini.

3. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

6.0.2 was just for the iPad mini and iPhone 5. You should be able to get the 6.0.1 update.

4. Shadow%20Mac macrumors demi-god

6.0.1 was released for all devices

6.0.2 was released for the iPhone 5 and the iPad mini only; to patch a specific WiFi error found in those devices only

5. kevpan815 macrumors 6502

As mentioned on Apple's Download Page, IOS 6.0.2 includes BOTH IPhone 5 AND IPAD MINI. All other devices are still at IOS 6.0.1 as the Previous Poster Mentioned.

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I think what OP is saying is that according to these notes:

•Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
    •Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
    •Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
    •Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
    •Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
    •Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
    •Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
    •Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings

That there doesn't seem any reason for a person who only has an iPad 3 to upgrade because there are no fixes present in those notes that specify the iPad.

OP i would say its just a personal choice for you. Obviously there is no NEED to because its not like your iPad won't work if you don't update.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

There are usually various other fixes/changes as well (some could be security/stability related) that are not listed in release notes.

8. lloyd2earth thread starter macrumors newbie

lloyd2earth

Updates for ipad3

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep my eyes open for any ipad3-relevant updates.