IOS6 ...rotation lock bug

Let's Sekuhara!

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
Perhaps accelerometer hardware problem coincidentally occurring around time of iOS 6 update?

Having the hardware checked wouldn't hurt.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Perhaps accelerometer hardware problem coincidentally occurring around time of iOS 6 update?

Having the hardware checked wouldn't hurt.
Forgive my ignorance, but what does accelerometer hardware problem mean, and what do you check? I'm a very long way from an apple store!

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
This happened to me earlier.. It was on lock on landscape... and it was on potrait. It fixed itself when i deactivated it, and put it back on.. I will get the hardware checked however.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Mine only does it when it has been turned off, it gets confused in start up and switches back and forth from landscape/portrait until I do, as you said, deactivate then lock again. Never did this in 5 or 5.1, so I think it is OS software issue ... It's not a great drama, just wondered if it was happening anywhere else. Have also had a few app crashes, and have 2 apps, a fotopedia and guardian photo app that have got stuck halfway in updating. I was going to hold off on updating iPad, but I will soon order iPhone and want to get these and my MacBook Air playing nicely together. Still have snow leopard on my iMac, so if it all gets too glitchy I can turn them all off and get some work rather than tech troubleshooting done on my snowy mac which is, has always been, so stable, doesn't know this word glitch.

----------

Would appreciate if you would post here when you get your hardware checked. Thanks.