iOS6 Status Bar Icons

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mac.cali, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mac.cali macrumors 65816

In iOS 6, have they moved the icons around? I noticed they moved the progress icon (spinning circle) to the right of the time. Can anyone confirm the location of it? Is it because of the carrier and the do not disturb icon that it got moved. Screen shots would be great. :)

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Running iOS 6, the progress circle is on the left side, to the right of the carrier and to the left of the time. When active, the Do Not Disturb moon icon is to the left of the time. Other than that, all icon positions are the same.

3. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you. Even with DND enabled the progress icon is still on the left side? If at all possible can you post a screen shot of it?

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

It's not on the right of the time now, nor has it ever been! Where are you getting this false info?

5. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

Any other question? :cool:

Attached Files:

6. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

Can you post a screen shot since your on Verizon? It seems like the AT&T stays on the left, but I think Verizon might throw it to the right when Do Not Disturb is enabled.

7. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

The spinny loading icon goes to the right when there isnt enough room on the left. I've seen it before like that on iOS 5 (And I think 4 too?)

Sometimes for me the DND icon covers up wifi icon

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Must be an America thing, sorry.

9. naltst* macrumors member

If you hold your finger on it until all of the dashes light up you can drag it to the right.

10. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Ah, threads like this remind me of how nice it is to have carrier whose name is simply '3'.

11. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Not enough room on the left, so it moves to the right. Luckily they thought of that and allows it to move, otherwise you would never see the spinning circle.

12. PurrBall macrumors 6502a

PurrBall

The progress indicator has always been on the right with a Microcell.

13. mac.cali thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess it will all depend on if there is room after the carrieer name. Since I have Verizon and with the assumption the next iPhone will have LTE I'm more than positive it won't fit on the left. They should make it default just to the right of the clock for everyone.

14. msterlingh macrumors newbie

I have a icon in my status bar that display what I think is a phone laying on a keyboard. If anyone knows what this is tell me

15. dave420 macrumors 65816

I checked the manual, and it looks like that means you have TTY enabled. If you don't mean to have it enabled, then you can go into Settings, Phone, and disable TTY.
    I know the original question is a couple weeks old, but I have a long custom carrier name in iOS 5, and my status bar icons routinely move to the right side when there are too many of them. Some things, like the battery percentage, even disappear when it is short of room.

16. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

The progress icon ("spinning circle") gets bumped to the right side of Time when there isn't space for it on the left. It's been that way for a few years/iOS's now. For many international carriers with longer names, there isn't space for the progress bar, so the spinning circle goes on the right side.

I'm with AT&T, so I first noticed this on an international trip. There was a glitch on my iPhone when it said "Searching" but had the 3G logo at the top, and apparently there wasn't enough space for the progress icon, so it got pushed to the left.

Hopefully that answers your question!