iOS6 upgrade or downgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Doctorsti, Sep 20, 2012.

?

iOS6 Upgrade or Downgrade

1. Upgrade

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Downgrade

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Doctorsti macrumors regular

I've been in the Apple pipeline for many years now and with most every new design or software update I felt like for the most part I got what I expected as an upgrade. I'm not sure I've ever updated a piece of electronics and felt as disappointed in the lack of upgrade.

With iOS6 I actually feel like I got downgraded. I mean it's sad to say but after looking over the larger new features like useless passbook, completely inadequate maps, bloated email inbox/contacts, lack of youtube, completely screwed up App store, I was at least looking for a couple new ringtones so I could have something new and not quite as annoying as most of the ones on iOS5....Even the smallest thing is either status quo or in my opinion worse.

The only thing I appreciate so far is different signatures for each mail account and the ability to attach a picture or file to an email. Besides that, in every other area I feel like I'm using a downgraded device.

Really sad

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'm sorry you feel Apple disappointed you.
    Maybe iOS7 will make you happier.