ios6 youtube solution/mail

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Globug, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

i updated my dad's ipad 2 and now he's bitching about not having access to the youtube app. I didn't even know he KNEW what youtube was.
    Anyway i told him to download jasmine, and he hates it because its not fullscreen.

Does anyone know an app to play youtube videos on the ipad 2 that runs in fullscreen?

Also he's claiming he's not receiving mail since i upgraded it for him. How do we remedy this too? I live 2 hours away so i can't go there and check it for him.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Good lesson. Don't tinker with things you can't fix?

How long had he had the iPad? You didn't think he had discovered one of the few default icons that comes on the homescreen? Send him to the website m.youtube.com; you don't need an app for every function.

You supplied no details on the mail issue, can't help.

3. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

The browser version works just fine. There is a youtube app in the app store for the iphone. It hasn't been optimized for the ipad (Google claims to be working on an ipad version) yet but it does work.

4. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

i don't know anything about the mail. all i did was update his ipad, and left the house. i didn't bother checking to see if the mail worked.. yes my mistake.

No i didn't think he knew what youtube was, i never use mine so i just assumed he didn't either. my mistake again. Are there any full screen alternatives?

5. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I use TubeBox, it's good but isn't so great for finding new videos, only accessing your playlists, favourites, etc., and caching them to watch offline.

Otherwise the YouTube iPhone app is available, but it's not full screen.

Regarding Mail, is it possible that since the update it wants him to input his passwords for them again?

6. SunnyStudioNeo macrumors regular

1. Use browser version.
    2. Try other video apps (I don't think they're as good though)

7. number84 macrumors 6502

8. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

Second this. From what I've seen on my iPhone, Jasmine's UI is very close to that of the iOS 1-5 YouTube.app

9. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Third this. Jasmine is great. And free.

10. Luckybobby macrumors regular

I've been seeing a lot of people saying jasmine doesn't run in full screen. What the hell does that mean?!?

11. Che Castro macrumors 603

I don't know ,looks full screen to me

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D6QaNOy2LUs