iOS7 and push mail/email settings

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by 7enderbender, Sep 17, 2013.

1. 7enderbender macrumors 6502a

7enderbender

Can anyone share their experiences if iOS7 has any impact on email settings and push mail reliability?

Usually my personal email (forwarded to my icloud address) pushes instantaneous. On some days though stuff becomes unreliable and it takes anywhere from minutes to hours for mails to sync between the device and cloud mail(not an issue on my personal email server end, has been verified various times).

For those who experience variable degrees of reliability with Apple push mail (in the US) did you notice any differences with iOS7? Better, worse?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I have my work exchange server account on my iPhone running iOS 7 and push works just fine. The only suggestion I can give you is to make sure to choose which folders to push. It will only push the inbox by default. I have multiple folders setup.

3. 7enderbender thread starter macrumors 6502a

7enderbender

I'm less concerned about my corporate Exchange server than I am about the iCloud funkiness that I occasionally experience.

And I'm also wondering if there is a better way now to default to a reply-to address other than the @icloud adress that I don't want people to use directly.

I do it now by setting up the iCloud account manually so that I can have a separate return address/SMTP aside from the default apple address.