iOS7 and YouTube videos

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Ultrakla$$ic, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Ultrakla$$ic macrumors member

Ever since I updated to iOS7, YouTube videos do not show up in forum threads in various forums I frequent anymore. There is a big black blank space where I can tell there "should" be a video visible but nothing to click on. VERY ANNOYING!!!
    If I clear my cache, it may display one video when I click on a known thread with a video in it but after that, the rest of the threads that have videos will be blank!!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Some details would be nice.

How are you viewing these forums? Using Tapatalk, Safari, Chrome or another browser?

second, what happens if you try to load the forum using another app? Same behavior?

3. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

Like me (made video of that issue)? I got this issue with safari, some sites shows youtube videos, some not. Annoying a lot

4. Ultrakla$$ic thread starter macrumors member

I do apologize. I view everything via the Safari browser. I don't have any other browsers loaded on my phone.

IF it is Safari, I wonder why it didn't fail to show the evidence of vids in the previous versions of iOS?

Thank you for responding.

----------

Exactly!!! Annoying to say the least!!

Now what's the fix? Lol!

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Download chrome and try it with Chrome and see if you get similiar behavior.

6. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

So far no fix, reporting non stop to Apple :/
    You can check this link http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644922
    I have attached a lot of youtube videos and non of them is being shown on iPad mini or iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.2. No problems with MBA via safari

7. Ultrakla$$ic thread starter macrumors member

I think it's the JavaScript that's crap! I can turn it off and black boxes show up where the YouTube videos are supposed to be as opposed to showing nothing at all!! Enable JavaScript and the blank spaces where the YouTube videos are supposed to be show up.

JUNK!!!!!