Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Modern yuppy parenting. It's getting harder to find parents who give their kids real toys.

It's all about Netflix, games or YouTube.

this post smacks of not having kids!

My little 3 year has learn't lots from his iPad he is more talkative and interactive than all his friends.

He watches "Justice league" etc on the iPad an its given him an amazing imagination when he's playing.

gomoq13

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2013
Singapore
this post smacks of not having kids!

My little 3 year has learn't lots from his iPad he is more talkative and interactive than all his friends.

He watches "Justice league" etc on the iPad an its given him an amazing imagination when he's playing.

My less-than-a-year-old niece prefers her dad's iPad to her toys. Lol. Educational baby apps for her. Yes, I totally agree it is a great tool for kids. It's not just for play and entertainment. :)

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
iPad 3 user here, and it's been pretty laggy. Especially compared to the iPhone 5. Lots of weird bugs and glitches that haven't occurred on the iPhone side of things. Definetly would hold off until possibly another beta.

Do you mind posting a screenshot of your Command Center?
I was sad to hear the iPad 3 would not support Airdrop, and am curious if there might be a way to make that feature work.

HarryT

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2013
iPad 3 Wifi

- Animations noticeably slower than beta 2 on iPhone (5)
- Controls are sluggish compared to beta 2 on iPhone (5)
- Photos App pinch to zoom throws the anchor about 1/2 a screen away resulting in the photo at the edge of the screen rotating around the centre
- Battery Life is actually superb...
- Animation has changed when using gestures to minimise an app (Homescreen icons fall into place one by one). As a side note the Dock is not transparent during this gesture.
- iPad Safari does NOT suffer from the glitches that can appear on iPhone Safari (specifically scrolling to the top constantly)
- Splitting the Keyboard results in poor animation/frame rate when typing.

YeahBuddy

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2011
Boston, MA
Do you mind posting a screenshot of your Command Center?
I was sad to hear the iPad 3 would not support Airdrop, and am curious if there might be a way to make that feature work.

No AirDrop from what I've seen.

30t2pag.jpg

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
My 10 year old daughter has the original iPad (64 GB - AT&T) so she is stuck on IOS 5, I have the New iPad 3rd Gen (64 GB - AT&T) but I have to share with a 4 year old so I'm not sure if I should upgrade or not. If Temple Run, Netflix, Disney Jr and Angry Birds don't work I could have an upset Pre-Schooler on my hands.

Truthfully, the iPad and MacBook are the two most powerful tools my 10 year old has had in her education. She is so far ahead of her classmates because of technology. I wish we'd had this kind of technology when I was a kid.
:apple:

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
I can't believe Airdrop is not available on the iPad 3. Makes the function completely useless.

"Oh, let me airdrop that file for you. Sorry, my iPad is over a year old so Apple won't support me. Can you just email it, thx." :apple:

jim2011

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2009
I can't believe Airdrop is not available on the iPad 3. Makes the function completely useless.

"Oh, let me airdrop that file for you. Sorry, my iPad is over a year old so Apple won't support me. Can you just email it, thx." :apple:

To be fair to Apple, it's missing WiFi direct on the wifi chipset. They came up with a new feature that requires that technology, simple as that. Hence why even the iPad mini which is less powerful supports it, simply because it has a newer wifi chipset that supports wifi direct.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008

I believe Airdrop needs the new Bluetooth specs that is only on the iPhone 5, iPad mini and iPad 4.

Bujin

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
I can send files via AirDrop on my Mini, but my iphone can't see the Mini to send. Anyone else have this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.