Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It's about the same as beta 5... Which is, again, much worse than ios6...

Browsing on WiFi, 1 hour call + couple of viber/sms messages... (In call with screen off, about 3-4% for an hour)..
Beta 5 has been as good, if not better than iOS 6 here (and for quite a few others).

All this keeps on showing that it's all really different for everyone at different times under different circumstances. Nothing more.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I must be the exception and not the rule. Beta 4/5 were awful on my iPhone 5. Beta 3 had great battery life and hardly any bugs. I'm doing okay with Beta 6, battery life is decent, better than 4/5 but nothing compared to Beta 3. Its crazy how everyone's experience is different.

Damolee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Differences are down to what apps you use and how unoptimised they might be within iOS 7. Simple as that.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
So far so good on my iPhone 5. I'm about an hour and a half of use, 4.5 hours of standby and I'm at 93%

novovic

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2013
Beta 5 has been as good, if not better than iOS 6 here (and for quite a few others).

All this keeps on showing that it's all really different for everyone at different times under different circumstances. Nothing more.

I am taking those things into consideration, not just blindly rage about it :)
I am noticing that most of the guys notice improvement on it, however, on iOS 6 I had a bunch of tweaks including parallex and such... (but seriously A BUNCH) and I get 5 times more standby and 2 times more usage time.
On iOS7 betaX I have all things turned off, system location services, motion, notification center and toggles on lock screen, no animated wallpapers, nothing! I am on edge (not 3G) and for internet I use WiFi (which is easier on battery than 3G), and I regularly clean things from multitasking, for the purpose if something is not optimized.

Comparing to it, with all those tweaks, and all the things I got active on iOS 6.1.2, this is a drastic battery reduction for me :/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am taking those things into consideration, not just blindly rage about it :)
I am noticing that most of the guys notice improvement on it, however, on iOS 6 I had a bunch of tweaks including parallex and such... (but seriously A BUNCH) and I get 5 times more standby and 2 times more usage time.
On iOS7 betaX I have all things turned off, system location services, motion, notification center and toggles on lock screen, no animated wallpapers, nothing! I am on edge (not 3G) and for internet I use WiFi (which is easier on battery than 3G), and I regularly clean things from multitasking, for the purpose if something is not optimized.

Comparing to it, with all those tweaks, and all the things I got active on iOS 6.1.2, this is a drastic battery reduction for me :/
That's kind of odd. I guess factoring in that it is a beta though and that the way something was installed and/or any backups that might have been restored, there are definitely a number of different variables that can be in play, even beyond the typical different usage in different places by different people.

novovic

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2013
That's kind of odd. I guess factoring in that it is a beta though and that the way something was installed and/or any backups that might have been restored, there are definitely a number of different variables that can be in play, even beyond the typical different usage in different places by different people.

Yup, clean install... Restore 6.1.3 + update to beta5 than OTA beta6 (no restore from backup)... Got skype, viber, whatsapp, chrome, youtube, linkedin and dropbox... Nothing working in background except push on viber and whatsapp I guess...

That it is beta is a relief, but not quite since there's really short time left for the real deal... I am concerned this might be a permanent problem for me :(

mfldmike

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2011
I don't know, I'm getting phenomenal battery life...I have really put it down since this morning. I charged it full last night, unplugged it, and went to bed. It's still going strong I think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376756227.876157.jpg

Jeanloup

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2012
Did a clean install of bêta 6 and battery life is still crap. Guess I'll go back to iOS 6 and wait for beta 7.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Fixed the battery drain ...

Disabled iCloud backup
Turned off wifi during night when router is off
Setup static ip for wifi (this seems to be the major standby drain for me)

All push system on, etc and this is overnight drain now -

IMAGE_73.png

astoxos

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
I think I have a pretty good battery health. Around the same with 6.1.3 with my ipad3.

mittencuh

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2012
Colorado Springs
I seem to be getting slightly worse in beta 6 but not so much worse that it's an issue. At the end of a busy day I'm left with 5-10% battery. Before it used to be about 10-15%. And iOS 6 I was almost always at 20% when it was time to plug in for the night. With all these animation I expect slightly worse...

Decimotox

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2013
The funny thing to me is that everyone's battery is different depending on charge cycles and whatnot. I understand we can get a general average among users, but everyone is freaking out about battery life. It seems really silly to me is all.

AnotherBrian

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
My battery has been great today, I updated to beta 6 yesterday and reset the music library. It's 10:00 and I have 51% of my battery left, I got up at 7:30 and did yard work till 11:30 while listening to Pandora and since then I have done some web surfing and checking emails throughout the day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 54

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
The funny thing to me is that everyone's battery is different depending on charge cycles and whatnot. I understand we can get a general average among users, but everyone is freaking out about battery life. It seems really silly to me is all.

So because my usage and standby time are exactly the same, I'm "freaking out"...?

johnnyboy360

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2010
I think theres a bug in the actual % indicator. I noticed mine drop quite a lot yesterday, but stayed on like 6% for about 7/8 hours. I think its fine. Todays been ok with quite a bit of Facebook usage. Now at 84% and was off charge at 6AM-ish.

chrizzz09

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2013
Germany
Have quiet good battery life with beta 6 , around 7-8 hours usage and 8-5% left.

Beta 6 is the best in terms of battery life for me.

dyjyhy4e.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.