iOS7 Beta3 makes iPhone 5 hot, high temperature

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by oliversl, Jul 10, 2013.

1. oliversl macrumors 65816

Anyone experiencing iPhone 5 with iOS7 beta3 high temperatures? I have to put in airplane mode many time a day in order to cool down.

2. Decimotox macrumors 6502a

Nope, mine works perfectly fine :) sorry you're having trouble though!

3. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I've experienced it in beta 1. Havent tried beta 2 or 3 yet, but it seems like they havent fixed that yet :[

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I've noticed iOS 7 relies a lot on location services, the purple arrow is almost always active, so I turned a lot of it off in the System Services, Frequent Locations, and Background App Refresh.

This helped with keeping my iPhone cool.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

If you have Location Services or LTE on, turn one off, and see if your phone doesn't cool down.

6. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

That only happened to me in beta 1, and it seemed to be from Location Services (specifically Weather and Recent Locations).

Beta 2 and 3 have been fine for me in that regard, and I have everything turned on except bluetooth since I never use it.

After 7 hours of moderate usage, I'm only down to 74% and my phone has remained cool the entire time.

7. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

I have had that problem on beta 1 and beta 2. Beta three, my iPhone 5 is cold as ice!

8. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

Reset all settings. Close all apps. Could be a runaway process in an app or just a screwed up setting.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I restored mine as new and the issue went away

10. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Yeah, seems to be something up with location services, I went through and turned it off for individual apps until the arrow went out, then turned most of them back on, it's fine now, and I think, but not sure, I turned all the ones back on that I had on originally. :confused:

iPhone 5/AT&T here.

11. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

I'm not sure if it happens to everyone, but my phone gets very hot while playing games. Maybe 5 minutes of playing any game my phone gets very hot. It's not like scalding hot, but warm enough that I'm worried.

12. ohms12 macrumors 6502

ohms12

Beta 2 and my phone would get hot for no reason.

Beta 3 and it's normally fairly cool, using games makes it rather hot though. Same with browsing the web, which is the one that makes me slightly more concerned!