iOS7 - enjoying it but cant help thinking...

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by kultschar, Sep 11, 2013.

1. kultschar macrumors 6502a

why the hell did they not implement it earlier lol

I mean its compatible with the iPhone 4 hence its not really a technology obstacle and with the resources Apple have.....

I do love Apple products but this drip feed thing is tedious

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Implement what?

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Because it took time to come up with it, design in, code it, etc., etc., etc. Lots of things that come out might be compatible with some older things going back some years, but that doesn't mean it can be said that those things could have suddenly been there years ago without everything in those years that lead to it all.

4. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Because Steve Jobs would never have let this happen, they needed to wait for his death and aftermath plans to be done(iPhone 5)

5. kultschar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah but lets face it the core of IOS has been pretty such the same for 5 odd years hasn't it, could have been designed, and coded a few product cycles previously.

Can't imagine the design factor is that huge with the team and resources they have, hardly a Pixar development is it

Like I said, im not suprised by it and I know the reasons why, Apple being Apple I guess and doing the bare minimum to stay ahead!

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Right because Steve Jobs would have never allowed colors!
    [​IMG]

or Antenna-Gate to happen..oh wait that WAS under his rule. :rolleyes:

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

So then Mavericks could have been coded a few years ago and released then. Windows 7 or even 8 could have been released in years before. It is how it is, even when there's no particular breakthrough that is needed for something before it can be implemented, it doesn't mean that all those years prior to it coming out weren't necessary for one reason or another (even if it was simply lack of dedicated resources that could be spent on it in previous years).

8. kultschar thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree however with the desktops (and I hate windows) I would say that it (and to an extent OSX) has progressed far better then iOS in each successive version. I guess in terms of iOS it has been a case of "if it aint broke" however I guess this year they (Apple) have had to produce something with the current competition.

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Apple are known to be slow to implement new features as they will only add things if they feel it necessary and only if it works perfectly and actually adds benefit.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Because iOS wasn't truly feeling stale until toward the end of the run of iOS 5. But iOS 7 isn't a silver bullet. Many consumers will feel discomfort because they'll have to relearn how to use parts of the OS that have changed. Also there are still design elements that need tweeting. The font can be hard to read - even with bold on & the folders hard to see depending on background choice. Apple needs to makes these more customizable.

11. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Scott Forstall only left late last year. iOS 7's look was only possible after he was fired.

12. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

He moved on