iOS7 GM: Benefit to resetting all settings after restore from iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DarkRyoushii, Sep 10, 2013.

1. DarkRyoushii macrumors newbie

Hey there,

Just updated to GM and restored from an iCloud backup of Beta 6. I'm wondering is there any real benefit from resetting all settings in the settings app - as I've noticed is fairly common advice on here atm - because I don't have many settings, but the ones I do are important and annoying to get back such as wireless certificates for eduroam and vpn settings.

Thanks in advance,

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

it's not like you have to do both. You could have just updated, then reset all settings to achieve just about the same result. I don't know why some people wanna do a fresh restore on windows PC because it makes it almost impossible to put music on lol

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you are experiencing some issues that you can't really resolve then it might be worth it, otherwise, doesn't seem necessary really.

4. NickyLanzz macrumors regular

The only reason why I go about resetting all settings is b/c I use spotify for my music. Not a big deal for me.. What else do you loose other than music though?

5. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

resetting all settings doesn't delete any data, basically you have to reset your wallpaper, readjust the font, re-enter your passcode, all that stuff you customized. Don't forget to turn off push mail too. That thing kills your battery so quickly.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

If you are not having any issues there is no benefit.

7. NickyLanzz macrumors regular

Thank you for that info! Damn that sucks, I turned off the battery draining **** back in beta 4. Now I have to try to remember it all!

8. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Think of it like this
    If you messed with anything in the settings, you have to do it again.