iOS7 has ruined my iPad 4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Macalway, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Macalway macrumors 68000

This POS is buggy as hell.

It has actually crashed my iPad twice, to where it wouldn't even shut off. It constantly stalls and freezes.

I had no problems at all with 6

I'm really pissed off

I blame that idiot Cook (apparently he's an incompetant idiot) and anyone else who has conspired to **** up my beautiful iPad :D

Fix it you dimwits

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

3. Macalway thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, a good idea

Does that work? I mean, does it fix it?

I'm skeptical as this is a Rom based OS.....I dont know.

I'll try it. WTF.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

My iPad 4 is working very well with iOS 7, definitely better than with the previous version.

5. Macalway thread starter macrumors 68000

Really :D

What possible agenda could you possibly have? :D

6. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I had a similar experience to what you are describing on my iPad 3 with the GM seed. Per the advice of another poster here, I performed a reset of all settings. Indeed, the issues were resolved (albeit with my settings wiped out).

7. Macalway thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks guys for the advice.

I will just wait for the iPad 5 assuming I can get it next week. If I have to wait I will do a fresh install ( something Id rather avoid, but may have to)

Note: perhaps ranting pays off? :D

8. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

I've had it on my iPad 4 from 6 hours after iOS7 rolled out. I honestly have not experienced any problems at all, and I did an update install and NOT a fresh install. It's definitely not a bad update per se; there must be something specific to your setup that is causing it to crash or act buggy. I use my iPad easily 8+ hours a day and it has been solid since the update. No reason to blame Cook or anyone else at Apple as the majority of users are getting on fine.

Doing a "reset all settings" is much less invasive than doing a "reset all settings AND delete all apps". I'd try that first.

9. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Try to reset first.
    You have to spend a couple of minutes into the Settings tabs, but it's worth the try.

10. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

iOS 7's seemed okay on my iPad 2 for what that's worth.

Podcast support is inferior to iOS 6/iTunes 11.0, but in terms of running okay on the hardware it's okay, if a bit more buggy.

11. MonstaMash macrumors regular

MonstaMash

lol I love how you trash the company for iOS 7 when say you are going to pick up their latest device next week. I think that people just don't like change, and exaggerate the changes with iOS 7, hence your rant ;)

You'll grow to love iOS 7, and expect Apple to release a series of updates coming up to address current issues. Look forward to IOS 7.1

In the meantime, try the fresh install.. or.. enjoy your new future iPad 5 :cool:

12. Macalway, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013

Macalway thread starter macrumors 68000

It's not the change. The OS will be fine I'm sure. it's just sort of buggy.

13. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

iOS 6 was amazing on my ipad. everything works fast and as advertised. It replaced my laptop, everything was fast and fluid.
    on iOS 7 i find that safari slows on javascript heavy websites.
    it also fails to cache websites. the return to home animation is also terrible (i use 5 finger pinch out a lot)
    overall, iOS 6 is a better OS on the iPad 4, which is disappointing.

the same couldnt be said for the iPhone - i Love iOS 7 on the iPhone.

14. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

been running i0S7 on iPad 4 since the beta and I haven't had any issues.

15. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

That seems weird. I really don't notice a speed difference on my iPad 2 that I can point to, and your 4 ought to be what, 30-50% faster?

16. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Have some respect. Tim knows how to do things with financials that you would probably never be able to even begin to understand, even if you spent the next decade studying his work.

You call someone who garners a company nearly 100 billion in cash a dimwit?

17. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

Perhaps I don't push my device as hard as some, but IOS 7 on the ipad 2 works pretty well.

18. Tzuten macrumors 6502

People on these forums really need to understand HOW TO POST. Just whining won't get you anywhere and the lack information regarding your problem(s) in the original post makes it difficult to even help you; or was it just meant to be a rant?

When it "freezes" and "stalls" what are you doing? Random apps? Or specific ones? How long has it been occurring? Has your device ever been JB'd previously (my 4s was having problems after the upgrade from being JB on 6.x).

Some apps are not fully compatible yet with iOS7, so I've had a few crash on me from time to time but have not experienced a hard lock yet.

19. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

Funny thing because my iPhone 4 runs perfectly. No crashes at all. And I did a fresh install.

20. blarivee macrumors 6502

My iPad 4 also does not have the problem. I did do a fresh install.

21. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

It's running great on my iPad 5!

...wait ... WHAT?

:D

22. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I purposely did a restore and setup as new on my iPhone 5, but just did an upgrade on my iPad 4. Both devices are functioning just fine.

23. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

Yeah, it's less buggy on my iPad 2 than my iPhone 5s (still buggy, but...)

It is noticeably slower when you compare the two. I'd probably swap the SoC in the 5s into the 2 if I could LOL

24. RichP74 macrumors regular

It's perfect on my iPad 4, but then again I did just buy it in July. So not exactly a ton of time for cruft to build up there.

25. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I see the join date of the OP. If that is when they got the 4, I would bring it to Apple store and show them the issues. Who knows, might get a new one.