Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
at first I hated the new look and feel, but the more and more I see it now, the more and more I am starting to like it.

I just hope it runs ok on my IP5, and I will even setup as new just so I have a fresh start as I do with every model iPhone now.

Sirious

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
at first I hated the new look and feel, but the more and more I see it now, the more and more I am starting to like it.

I just hope it runs ok on my IP5, and I will even setup as new just so I have a fresh start as I do with every model iPhone now.

I didn't hate it when it was announced. I just got a bit stunned lol.
It's actually pretty nice when you get used to it.

Comment

Cayennr

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2013
Skopje, Macedonia
It feels better when you actually start using it. By the way, I like your idea of fresh iOS install when a new version comes out. I have the same installation since I bought the iPhone 4, I just updated the software as they released new versions along the way. I don’t know if doing a fresh install does a significant difference in speed and reliability, because if the difference isn’t noticeable I wouldn’t bother setting up the phone all over again. Hm…

Last edited:
Comment

byke

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
After the honeymoon period ended I went back to iOS 6.1.3
As the updated features are to be honest, basic.

And the redesign of some programs like calendar, Notes, reminders etc ... are a step back.

In my opinion, Apple is catering to market wishes.
But loosing its simplicity.

Comment

dtexan

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
I really like the added features. I tried to switch over to a Galaxy S4, but missed the iPhone. Hopefully this new OS will help merge the two. I see a lot of similar features that drove me the Galaxy.

Comment

JetBlack7

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
Portugal
I was positively stunned when I first saw it. I expected a bit of an overhaul, when they showed a complete overhaul I was blown away. I've been burning through videos with hands on IOS 7 and I have never been this excited for an OS release since IOS 5. Fall can't get here fast enough unfortunately.

I was thinking of trying Android If IOS didn't show something worth staying for. I've now completely changed my mind, staying with iPhone.

Comment

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
I agree. Just looking at it in pictures didn't really do it for me. But, using it as a whole makes it more complete. I still think that some icons need a bit of work, so hopefully with feedback they are willing to make the changes.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.