iOS7 - iPod Touch 5th Gen - Battery Percentage

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by honglong1976, Jun 18, 2013.

1. honglong1976 macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

Anyone using iOS7 on the latest iPod Touch. Does it finally have battery percentage?

TIA

2. 960design macrumors 68020

I haven't tested it on the latest iPod Touch, but there IS a battery percentage on an iPhone running iOS7. I would dare to say it's the same for the iPod Touch.

Settings->Usage->BatteryPercentage

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

4. honglong1976 thread starter macrumors 6502a

honglong1976

5. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

It is indeed a useful feature that allows you to see exactly how much juice you have left.

But to me, I find that in the long run it only does more harm than good. I realized I was starting to obsess on how much battery and juice i have left. Like , ''Oh crap its dropping 5% just over 5 minutes of use :/'' .

So I turned it off. I find my phone interface cleaner without it anyway, just my opinion .

6. Jackdor99 macrumors newbie

I think they don't allow battery percentage on iPod Touch is because the battery runs out quickly and they don't want you to notice that.

7. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

I spoke to Phil Schiller back when iOS 6 and iPod touch 5th gen was announced, and he said it lacked some sort of component that the iPad and iPhone have. I complained about fragmentation and the lack of the ALS as well, and he apologized etc. I would like to think the next iPod touch will feature this, and HOPEFULLY an A6, or A7.

8. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Isn't it odd how even with "missing components" if you jailbreak you can get the battery percentage working perfectly? :rolleyes:

9. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Doesn't need jailbreak. Just modify a backup with 3 lines of code, restore from the backup and you're there. Worked since iOS 1, but I haven't tried it for 7 yet.
    Also, 'Perfectly' is a stretch. The percentage does jump around A LOT on the iPod, and isn't always that accurate.

This 'missing component' can't be that big or expensive, so why can't Apple implement it into the iPod touch?

10. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

The component may not be expensive, but when you multiple the cost by millions of iPod touches, it can be a fairly large number. This is especially true when you consider the iPod touch's lower cost. At the same time, Apple probably wants to differentiate the iPod touch and iPhone.

May I ask how you spoke to him?

11. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

His email, schiller@apple.com. I still have the emails we exchanged.

12. SakuraSuki macrumors 6502

Apple is no way justified not includes ambient light sensor as the base model of iPod Touch starts at 229. Do you know Nexus 7 priced exactly same price? It is not like Apple selling this thing on low margin. And why would apple wants to differentiate iPod Touch with iPhone? One is a MP3 player and other is a god damn phone.