iPhone iOS7 + iTunes Match (on iPhone 5) not playing nicely: cannot use cellular data

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by BackTwoMac, Sep 26, 2013.

1. BackTwoMac macrumors member

2 things:
    1. I have the phone set to allow streaming over cellular data. Typically when I'm out, (driving, for example) I may want to listen to a song or album I haven't previously downloaded. Usually, I can scroll through my entire catalog and download the song over LTE. Since iOS7, I have been unable to do this; however, I still have the option to "use cellular data for music" enabled in settings.

2. Today, I cannot even view my entire catalog in iOS match (I am not on wifi right now). I can only see what I have downloaded to the phone. This is not normal behavior. I tried turning iTunes Match on and off as well as turning cellular data on and off: no change.

Has anyone else noticed similarly wonky iTunes Match/iPhone behavior? Any suggestions for me? My phone is my preferred music hookup in the car so I'm sensitive to change in functionality. Being able to access my entire library on the go is why I have Match.

2. therfman macrumors member

I have the exact same problem. I have unlimited data with Wind mobile, and I use Match over cellular a lot. iOS 7 makes it unworkable.

3. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I have iTunes Match enabled and I have no problems accessing any of my music in the cloud with iOS 7 on LTE.

4. Countificus macrumors newbie

I am having this exact same issue. Every now and then a song will play over my cellular network, but most of the time no luck. I can play anything over wifi. iTunes Match was great for me in iOS6, but since the upgrade I can't listen to it unless I am on wifi.

:mad: