IOS7 location based reminders

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dustlane, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dustlane macrumors member

dustlane

I have an iphone 5S and I do like it. However, one issue I have is with the location based reminders. They simply don't work in IOS7. According to Apple, the reminders app has to be either open and running or running in the background. If you double press the home button and close out your background apps, it deactivates any reminders you have pending. That completely defeats the purpose of a reminder. Does anyone know of a workaround for this? This may not be a big deal for some, but it is huge for me. Location based reminders are an absolute necessity for me. I have come to really really depend on them.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Why are you feeling the need to clear recent apps? Unless you have a poorly functioning app there should be no discernible effect of leaving them in place. This isn't Android or Windows. Generally there's no need to mess with that unless a particular app is misbehaving.

3. lhawk macrumors newbie

I enabled wifi, whether or not actually connected, and mine worked fine.

4. DannyDrama macrumors regular

If you want context based info you should have gone android. Google Now destroys Siri and Reminders. Apple has a lot of catching up to so on this front.

5. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

I have reminders running but it still didn't notify me when I got to the specified location. What gives? Not sure if it was working before I upgraded to 7.0.3 but it definitely isn't working now.

Anyone else out there getting notifications for their location based reminders?