iOS7 lock screen, unlocking on it's own.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by supernet33, Sep 26, 2013.

1. supernet33 macrumors regular

iOS7 lock screen, unlocking on it's own.

So past couple days my screen has been unlocking on it's own in my pocket and face timing people..

Has that happened to you?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It has happened to some people as there have been a few threads about it relating to iOS 7 in the recent past.

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

My guess is that this is happening because now you can slide to unlock anywhere instead of specifically on the slider bar like before.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That, and the fact that you now can only slide just about 1/3 of the screen over before it "takes", while with the previous iOS versions with the actual "button" that you had to slide over, you had to slide it over most of the way (at least 1/2 if not 2/3 of the way over) across the screen before it would "take".

5. Crispy Duck macrumors regular

I'm still running iOS6 and have just tried this. It doesn't even unlock if you are about 2 pixels away from the end - snaps back to the beginning. You have to actually touch the button to the end of the slider for the phone to unlock.

Wonder why they made it so 'loose' in iOS7.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Certainly better as far as actual unlock mechanism. Making it that much easier in iOS 7 is kind of a step backward as far as its main purpose being actually to prevent accidental/undesired unlocks.