General iOS7 - No "silenced" icon in statusbar?

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Does iOS7 add a "silenced" icon to the status bar when you flip the little switch on the side of the phone? Mine doesn't... can't figure out if its just my phone or if it's something they removed for iOS7.

thanks

rik1138

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2014
I'm still on 6, no icon appears when I flip the 'ringer off' switch on the side.

Using the Do Not Disturb mode from settings adds a little crescent moon next to the clock.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
On iOS 6, I would get a little bell with a line through it in the status bar (beside the battery icon) to let me know the phone was silenced. I'm not seeing that now on iOS7.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
On iOS 6, I would get a little bell with a line through it in the status bar (beside the battery icon) to let me know the phone was silenced. I'm not seeing that now on iOS7.
are you sure you werent jailbroken? theres no silent icon on stock iOS, even on iOS6

cchunk

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2012
I had that on ios 6. But that's cause I had openNotifier I'm pretty sure. Some tweaks would enable the silenced icon.

Has anyone tried opennotifier? Says not compatible but it said the same last ios but still worked

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
are you sure you werent jailbroken? theres no silent icon on stock iOS, even on iOS6
yeah, i was jailbroken... and i had open notifier. never realized thats what was adding the icon.. thought that was stock iOS. thanks.

pukrnukr

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2010
Roc
I swear there used to be one in stock iOS too. I thought there was a option for it in the settings, but I just looked and couldn't find it.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
I have the bell with a slash through it in my jb'ed 6.1.2 (4s). I don't have any of the tweaks installed you guys mentioned.

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
Nope. Springtomize and ncsettings are really the notable ones. None of which have any settings for the silence button activated icon (bell with slash).

Truthfully, I thought it was always in ios 6.

Confirmed. My brother is on stock 6.1.2 (4s also) and he gets the icon.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Nope. Springtomize and ncsettings are really the notable ones. None of which have any settings for the silence button activated icon (bell with slash).

Truthfully, I thought it was always in ios 6.

Confirmed. My brother is on stock 6.1.2 (4s also) and he gets the icon.
can you show a screenshot of it on the stock 4S?

Candurin

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2011
He's not savvy enough to pull that off. I can try and talk him through it over the phone tomorrow.

Here it is on my phone (I know, mine is jb'ed but I don't have any tweaks installed that can turn it on or off).

Attachments

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
He's not savvy enough to pull that off. I can try and talk him through it over the phone tomorrow.

Here it is on my phone (I know, mine is jb'ed but I don't have any tweaks installed that can turn it on or off).
lol thats not what we are talking about ....
STATUSBAR icon

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I had it on IOS 6, IPhone 5 non JB cause that's the first thing I noticed gone on 7, it was in the top right hand side of the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.