iOS7 on my 4s

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by snarlz II, Sep 18, 2013.

1. snarlz II macrumors newbie

Running fine, no issues so far. Most disappointing feature for me is the look of the calendar.

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

No performance issues? Slow/jerky animations (even some of the time)?

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Not on my 4s. Seems very snappy. Even the animations are smooth. Zero lag.

4. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

Great to hear, thanks!

5. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

Some things on my 4S are jerky. The most noticeable being the process of setting a lock screen wallpaper. I go to maximize/minimize and move around and it lags around. Plus I can't quite position it the way I want to.

It's a bit funky... this whole floating wallpaper thing. The camera is super snappy now though.

6. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Just updated my 4S. No issues to report.

I have iOS & GM on my iPhone 4 since last week and had no issues.

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

My fiancée has a 4S on 6.1.3. When we go to software update it says her software is up to date. I have been on iOS 7 since day 1 of beta 1 on my 5, have updated all the way through to ge GM no problem.

What's going on with her phone? We've tried a hard reset, checking for the update on both wifi and cellular, but nothing.

Any tips?

8. Splazzatch macrumors member

Splazzatch

Tyler, I had the same problem on my phone when trying to do the update via itunes. I had to do the update OTA. Then, when updating my wife's iphone 4s OTA it said there was no update but when I plugged it in to update via iTunes it worked.

So whichever way you are trying to do it, try the other way.

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

She's already very resistant to updating. Anything to make it more complicated just makes her less likely to update..and that's not good :p

10. Matth3w macrumors regular

I have the jerky animations on my mini. It's very disappointing.

11. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Servers are so slammed, they can't even take a version check. Try again in the morning.

So far so good with the 4s, wait-and-see-ing on the more mission critical ipad mini.

12. iPhoneNewbie23 macrumors newbie

So far, so good on my 4S. Everything is running smoothly. I love the pictures that show the location of pictures. I actually like the look of the calendar.

13. Decbaux macrumors newbie

I had to reboot my phone manually after the install was fully completed. That made the jerky animations go away and scrolling is now smooth as IOS6.

One thing I HATE about this update is that, sure you have pages in folders, but you get less items ON screen than you did before..

why not both? gah..

14. xConnerIdan macrumors member

There's some minor slowdown on my 4s, but other then that it's perfect! :D

15. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I was On able to download iOS 7 yesterday. Something came up saying to tried again later. I was waiting for this the Whole day and to find out there was some issues that makes me very frustrated. #

16. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

+1 for no lag on 4S (or iPad Mini).

Only little slow down I've experienced is when I've changed the wallpaper. Took a second to think about it once or twice.

17. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

No lag whatsoever on my 4S on 7.0. I know it's way too soon to tell but battery life seems equal to before.

It runs just as fast/smooth as it did on 6.1.1 jb. The control center makes me okay without a jailbreak, for now...

I don't even think I'm gonna get a 5S now. Depends on if my battery starts degrading. I still get over a day with moderate use and haven't noticed it getting worse yet.