IOS7 Safari on iPad mini doesn't show website title tags

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mindquest, Oct 27, 2013.

1. mindquest macrumors regular

Just updated my Ipad mini to the latest IOS version (7.0.3) and went into Safari. The title tag for each website I am browsing no longer shows, it only shows the main URL. Kinda useless if I have 3 pages of the same site up and need to quickly tell which page is which.

Has anyone else noticed this? How can I still view the title tag of a page I am on in a website?

2. mindquest thread starter macrumors regular

Just to be sure I reloaded the iPad from scratch and still the same issue. Any thoughts are appreciated.

3. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Just tap in the URL address field, it will show the whole address.

4. mindquest thread starter macrumors regular

Got it thanks but what I was really concerned about is the title of the page not showing as it does on desktop browsers and iPhone (still using older ver of IOS so not sure if it is an issue here as well)

Any other thoughts are appreciated!

5. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

This isn't really an issue. IOS 7 now only shows the base URL. It's been that way from beta 1 to 7.0.3.

6. mindquest thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the clarification, if it isn't a bug then I will just have to deal with it.

7. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

I have gotten used to this.

On the other hand, I noticed that all the time I'm on the internet on other browsers, the first thing I scan on a page is the url. It gives you all the info you need to contextualize where you are: main site, subdirectories, forms you are filling out (newreply, etc).

Without it I feel kind of blind, and have to rely on the website telling me where I am, which isn't always very clear.

8. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

I admit it is annoying, but is certainly not a bug. It would be nice if there were an option to display the full URL, but how likely is that? LOL.

9. tateu macrumors 6502

Apple give us options and, specifically, options that we actually want? Of course not.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It might not be a functional bug but it sounds more and more that it's a design/UI oversight or at least decreases usability, which is still not good.

11. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

I agree it decreases usability. I still don't think it's a UI oversight. They had 6 betas, the GM, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, and 7.0.3 to fix this if they wanted to. I just think they prefer it this way because it looks neater.