IOS7, Shared Streams, and Video problem

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by psneddon, Oct 28, 2013.

1. psneddon macrumors member

Hi,

I'm wondering if everyone else has the same issue. If you have shared steam in the photos app (iPhone or iPad) and are running the latest version of iOS (7.0.3). If you upload a video to a shared stream, after the video is full uploaded then it's not possible to share or save the video (When you play it there is simply no share button, and if you do a "select items" then the share button is disabled). The video does play fine however.

I was hoping this was going to be an easy way to share videos across devices, for example if using iMovie all the source videos could be stored in a shared stream, but it seems that iMovie on iOS can't see videos in shared streams, only pictures. The same problem does not exist on the Mac version.

Thanks!
    Paul

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Yes, its a restriction of the Photostream system for now ... very similar to what Google did with Picasa ... cannot download Videos without some 3rd party hack

----------

Although, if you want to just quickly move file between ios device, just use AirDrop ...

I use it to move video from iphone to ipad for editing