iOS7: Where are my apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Rufuss Sewell, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Rufuss Sewell macrumors 6502

I just updated to 7.0.2 and all of my purchased apps are gone. They're not on my phone or in the iTunes app tab.

It's a 4s updated from 6 to 7. All the settings, web links, iTunes Match etc seem to be working. Just the apps are missing.

2. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

I just talked to a buddy who said the same thing happened to him. He gave up and downloaded them all separately. I'm not looking forward to that.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

If they're gone, they're gone. Nothing will make them magically appear.

4. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

Luckily I'm not relying on magic. Just a way to restore my purchased apps. There's clearly a bug or user error happening. For the last several years iTunes has had a list of my purchased apps in the app tab that I can drag to the iPhone windows on the right. Today, after updating to iTunes 11.1 and iOS7 the app list is empty.

5. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

6. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Same thing happened to me. Just
    Give it some time. I checked in Maybe that evening and all my purchased apps appeared all over again. And I think there are about 3 threads on this with the same result I had. Just give it time.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

prob server refreshing, wait a few hours and try again.

8. Rufuss Sewell thread starter macrumors 6502

It looks like it WAS user error. I have my iTunes library on an external drive and it wasn't plugged in. For some reason I figured it was backed up to iCloud so I wouldn't need my library disk. But once I plugged it in my apps appeared. It's syncing now.