iPhone ios8.0.2 Mail Issues (Exchange)

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by will0407, Oct 7, 2014.

1. will0407, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014

will0407 macrumors 6502a

Having done a quick google I can't find too much on this issue.

I originally just did an update of my iphone from 7.1.2 (which I am now hugely regretting). yesterday I was unable to make outgoing calls, all numbers just came back as failed. I tried a soft reset, it worked for a couple of calls then was back to square one.

I did a full software restore, set the phone up, then restored from my backup. No issues with the phone calls now, all good. BUT, now the Mail app is not working properly with my work exchange email. I have tried removing and re-adding my account but it won't seem to update. Hotmail and Gmail seem to be OK.

When I initially re-added my exchange account, everything downloaded and was back up to date. Prior to this I also 'forgot' my connected network and re-joined that as one other forum post suggested that. I thought it had done the trick but now it just won't update again- it just either says checking for mail, or downloading but nothing actually happens (apart from my battery being drained rapidly!)

Any ideas?!

2. will0407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Updated to ios8.1 and still doesn't work. Ridiculous that I now have to use the shocking OWA app.